Background

Monday, October 24, 2011

another first....

Josh started running a fever on Friday and complaining that his mouth was hurting.  We kept an eye on him and started alternating Tylenol & Motrin for pain.  He seemed okay and was eating good until yesterday.  He was drinking okay (as long as the liquids were cold) but he complained everytime he tried to eat anything.  Last night he was up every 1-2 hours crying because his mouth hurt, so needless to say, neither Mike nor I got much sleep. 

I called the pediatrician today & took him in.  Dr. Fitch confirmed within a minute that Josh in fact did have the Hand-Foot-Mouth (HFM) virus :(   Today his nap was pretty much the same....1 hour, when normally at home he naps from 3-4 hours.



The good part is that typically it lasts 3-5 days and he felt like it probably started on Friday, so we should be on the downhill stretch.  Dr. Fitch also asked about the rest of us.  I told him that Addie & Mike were fine, but that I had a sore throat.  He checked me out & said it looked like I had it as well.  I didn't know adults could even get HFM, but he said it was possible.  He also said that its typically worse in kids than adults for some reason and most adults discount it as sinuses, allergies or a cold.  So, now we just pray that Addie & Mike stay symptom free!!!  Oh & that we all can get some rest tonight!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great picture of his mouth! I'm so glad ya'll are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete